Welcome To Day 3
Today You will learn about creating a blog of your own. Blogging has continually allowed me to make a full-time income from the comfort of my own home. Whether you are an entrepreneur, photographer, network marketer, real estate agent, a corporate employee or retiree, blogging will most definitely increase your credibility online, grow any business, allow you to market any products and it's an essential for passive income.
Below, I have included discounted pricing that I personally negotiated with Bluehost so that you can easily start a blog for cheap. You will also receive a free blog domain through my discount link too. take action fast though because I’m not sure how long these low prices will last!
In this guide, I will show you exactly what it takes to start a blog of your own today, while also walking you through the process of how to create content for your blog and even make some money in the process. If you follow along with everything I’ve broken down for you below, you should have a blog of your own up and running in less than 15 minutes.
Let’s get started!
Click here to start a blog on WordPress, then use the tutorial below for the easy directions.
If you're looking to start a WordPress blog for cheap, then choosing Bluehost for your hosting needs may be your answer. A Bluehost account is a great web host and I've a great experience with them over the years.
Starting a blog has been one of the best things I've done for my life. As you can tell from my business income reports, It's not difficult to make over $10,000 a month from my blogging-related services and it's expected to increase even further in 2018. You do need to put in time and effort daily but I will guide you.
It allows me to work from home, I can travel whenever I want, it gives me a flexible schedule and more. I am absolutely loving life and I can't believe how much my life has improved in just the past few years.
Anyone can make money with a blog, and I was able to make the money back that I paid for blog hosting very quickly. It is well worth it to pay for blog hosting and I'm sure you will be able to make your money back quickly as well.
Bluehost is one of the top web hosting companies in 2017 and you can start your own blog with them for as low as $3.75 a month (this low price is through my link only)! Also, if you sign up using my link, then you will get your domain for free if you purchase a 12 month or longer hosting plan (a $15 value). I highly recommend signing up for the 12-month hosting plan through Bluehost. It's affordable and you can save a lot of money by signing up for at least 12 months. If you want a better deal, the best value would be purchasing a 36-month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower over the long run.
You may be thinking, “Well I can just start on Blogger for a little cheaper and learn how to make a blog that way” NOOOOO… Don't do that. There are so many reasons for why a Blogger/Blogspot blog is a really bad idea, and why you should instead setup a WordPress blog on Bluehost.
If you are interested in ever making money off your blog, freelancing or turning it into a business, then paying for your hosting, such as through Bluehost, is a absolute MUST. It is extremely cheap, doesn't break the bank to go through Bluehost AND you get a free domain as a result. You can run any of your own, affiliate links, advertising, direct advertising, etc. with a blog ran on Bluehost. Making money on Blogger or any other free blogging platform is very difficult, and in many cases never happens. Most advertisers and companies tend to run away from Blogger websites because they don’t view them as professional as self-hosted WordPress blogs, so that’s another big reason to use Bluehost.
My income through blogging did not take off until right at the exact moment I switched to a self-hosted site on WordPress. That's a lot of proof right there that being self-hosted on WordPress is the way to go!
There are many reasons for why you may want to choose Bluehost for your WordPress blog. A Bluehost account is honestly one of the best web hosting providers. These reasons include:
- It's easy to use. Yes, ANYONE can create a WordPress blog easily with my tutorial below. Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog.
- Bluehost web hosting offers prompt technical support. Simply enter your email address into their live chat and someone will tend to you within minutes.
- A Bluehost hosting account is extremely affordable and they offer cheap web hosting. You can have a blog of your own and the only real expense you need to pay is the cheap blog hosting which starts at just $3.95 per month.
- You get a FREE blog domain.
- WordPress through Bluehost is FREE.
- Bluehost offers a guarantee in case you determine that it is not for you. If you sign up for Bluehost, but you are confused for any reason (such as how to set it up, picking a plan, pricing, etc.), you can always send me an email and I can help you out.
- You will be self-hosted. If you want to monetize your blog, then you will want to be self-hosted.
- You will appear much more professional to readers, companies, and so on if you are self-hosted on Bluehost than being on Blogspot.
First, you will need to head on over to Bluehost to do any of this. There are many web hosting companies out there, but Bluehost is honestly one of the best. There is a reason why many bloggers choose Bluehost for their web hosting needs.
If you plan on starting a blog on Bluehost and you are interested in learning how to start a blog on WordPress, continue below. Remember, if you sign up for Bluehost, but you are confused for any reason (such as how to set it up, picking a plan, pricing, etc.), you can always send me an email and I can help you out. That's what I'm here for so don't be afraid to send me an email.
How to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost
1. Register your domain name.
You can click here to purchase a domain name and create a blog, then continue to follow the easy steps below.
The first thing you need to do when starting a WordPress blog on Bluehost account is to think about what you want your domain name to be. This can be tough, and I would give some serious thought to this.
I don't even remember how I came up with my blog name. It's a long one though and at times I regret it. Trying to spell out my blog name to people who don't know about it can get frustrating because they don't know if I'm saying “cents” or “sense!”
You can easily get your domain directly through Bluehost and the whole process is very easy. If you do this, you can get a FREE domain for the first year as long as you buy 12 months worth of Bluehost web hosting. This makes it well worth it to sign up for at least 12 months of hosting as you will be saving a good amount of money this way. You also get a cheaper monthly price when you buy at least 12 months of hosting, so the free domain just makes it even better. If you want an even better deal, the best value would be purchasing a 36-month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower over the long run. If you decide to get the free domain, just continue to the next step as you can buy your hosting and get the free domain all in one step.
The “Basic” package is most likely all you will need
Check off that you agree to Bluehost’s terms and then click the green submit button to continue.
Congratulations! Your purchase is now complete and we can move forward with going live with your blog.
After clicking the ‘submit’ button, you will then see a “welcome to bluehost’ message that confirms your account is now live and that a message has been sent to your email account. This email will contain information about your account and how to login to your member’s area (which we will do next).
2. Buy hosting for your blog.
Setting up a WordPress blog on Bluehost is very easy. First, we will talk about the costs of blogging:
- To receive the cheapest price to start a blog, then choosing the “Basic” plan is really all you need. It's only $3.95 per month through my link (due upfront in full) if you sign up for 36 months, which is a great price. If you sign up for a 24-month plan, then the price is $4.95 per month. If you sign up for a 12-month plan, then the price is $5.95 per month. $5.95 is still extremely affordable and it's a great plan to choose (especially since you get a free domain at this price still!). If you are unsure about blogging, I would sign up for the 12-month plan as this is still a great price and very affordable for one year of blogging. If you purchase a 12-month plan, your total price is only $65.40 a year, which is still a great price. Plus, you still receive the free domain name when you sign up for 12 months or more which saves you money. The best value would be purchasing a 36-month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower over the long run.
- The Basic plan is all you really need for now, so ignore the Plus and Business Pro plans as they are more expensive. You can always change it later to a different plan if you want to (and just pay the difference), so there is no need to sign up for extra that you do not need.
- The other item you may want to pay for when it comes to blogging is Domain Privacy Protection, which is only $0.99 per month. This is so that your contact information stays safe.
- Other than the above, you do not need the other items that Bluehost sells, so I would uncheck any of the extras that are listed.
- Remember, if you sign up using my link, then you will get your domain for free if you purchase a 12 month or longer blog hosting plan.
I want to reinforce why you should purchase at least a 12-month hosting plan. Month-to-month is less effective, and I highly recommend signing up for a minimum of 12 months for many reasons. By signing up for a minimum of 12 months, you will receive a free domain name, lower pricing, and you won't have to deal with an expired website after each month. 12 months of peace and quiet. For example, if hosting is not renewed or if your credit card expires, causing your website to be offline, you risk losing business (visitors/traffic) when you pay on a month-to-month basis. It's also exceptionally more expensive to pay month-by-month rather than in one lump sum. The more years you sign up for, the less you pay.
Blog hosting will most likely cost you around $65.40 a year on average, or $149.20 for 3 years, which is a great deal! If you purchase a 12-month plan, your total price is only $65.40 a year, which is a great price. The best value would be purchasing a 36-month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower over the long run.
When you are ready to create your blog, follow the steps below to buy hosting for your blog.
- Go to Bluehost and click the “Get Started Now” button.
- Click on the package you are interested in.
- Enter your domain name you registered with earlier, or sign up for a new domain name here.
- Enter your personal and payment information.
- Next you will be asked to enter a password. Make sure it's secure as this information is very important.
3. Connect your domain and your hosting.
Note: You can skip this section (Section 3) if you buy your domain directly through Bluehost.
If you buy your domain through Go Daddy, then you will need to connect your domain to your hosting account. Go Daddy has a full support page for setting nameservers for your domain names. Below is a snippet:
“When you register a domain name with us, we set it up on our parked nameservers so a temporary page displays when visitors go to your website. After you determine which hosting provider to use, you can change your domain name's nameservers to remove the parked page and activate your domain name.
If you registered your domain name with another provider, you can still purchase a hosting account with us, use our Off-site DNS services, or use our CashParking® or Quick Content services. If you do any of those, you must view your nameservers in your account with us, and then set the nameservers with your domain name registrar.”
How to modify your DNS Nameservers when you are using Go Daddy for your domain and Bluehost for your hosting:
- Log into the GoDaddy.com Account Manager.
- Select Manage Domains from the Domain Names drop-down menu or the Manage Your Account list.
- Select the domain name you wish to modify using the checkboxes and then click Set Name Servers.
- Enter your updated name server information in the spaces provided under the blue Name Servers heading on the right side of your page and click Save Changes at the bottom. Your entries should look like this: ns1.bluehost.com; ns2.bluehost.com.
You will then need to add the domain you bought (such as through GoDaddy) as an addon domain to your Bluehost web hosting. You can do this by clicking on “Domains” when logged into your Bluehost web hosting account and then clicking on “assign.” Follow the steps and it is very easy!
4. Install WordPress on Bluehost.
Okay, this is probably the step that all of you have been waiting for. If you want to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost then continue reading.
This part isn't hard at all. Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog and it is FREE.
Next, click on the icon that says “Install WordPress” to start the blog creation process.
You will then be sent to another page that confirms you are about to enter the WordPress installation process. Simply click “Continue installation” to start the process.
- The next step is to select the domain name that you want to install WordPress on.
- Next, fill in the Admin Information to access your WordPress members area. (simply fill in your blog name or title, then create a username and password, while also putting your main email for the admin email).
Once the WordPress installation process is complete, you will then be sent to the last page in this process — which will provide you with your WordPress login details.
That’s it! It’s really that easy to setup a hosting account, get a domain name and install WordPress — everything you need to go live with a blog of your own.
Best of all, the process shouldn’t take any longer than 10 minutes. Click here to get started if you haven’t already
WOOHOO! You now have a WordPress blog. You will have to spend some time to decide on the design that you like and beginning producing high-quality content, of course. It's not difficult!
If you sign up for Bluehost, but you are stuck for any reason (such as how to set it up, picking a plan, pricing, etc.), you can always drop me a mailer and I can help you out. I'm here for you.
HOW TO START A BLOG & INSTALL WORDPRESS VIDEO
I think I made the sign-up and WordPress installation walkthrough above pretty quick and easy, but it still might have been a bit much for everyone to consume. In addition to the image-based tutorial above, I also wanted to provide you with a video as well. Thankfully, Bluehost has this covered as well.
After watching the short video, click here to head over to Bluehost and setup your blog.
Some general tips for how to navigate WordPress:
- To sign into your WordPress account, you will want to save the WordPress login information that you receive in a separate email address. You will receive this email after you complete the steps in #4 above. This email will include your WordPress login URL (your URL is separate from everyone else's and it's the only way you can access your WordPress account), your username, and your password. You want to keep this email safe.
- Simply add and create new posts by clicking on “Posts” on the left-hand side when you are logged in. If you want to add a page, simply click on “Page.”
- If you want to add an image, go to on “Media” on the left-hand side.
- You can go to “Appearance,” then “Widgets” in order to add items to your sidebar, footer, and so on.
- If you are looking for a way to send newsletters or emails to your readers, I highly recommend Convert kit among others. I've tried Aweber, Getresponse, Infusionsoft and I find myself coming back. Simply because of the ease of use.
- If you are looking into the actual design of your blog, Genesis is used on my blog, and I highly recommend it. Or, there are free themes through WordPress you can use too. Just go to “Appearance” on the left-hand side when you are logged into your WordPress website and click on “Themes,” then activate whichever one you are interested in testing out. By doing this, you can start designing your website easily!
- EDIT Dec, 2017: I recommend checking out this online course, The Wifi Millionaire. It's probably the most comprehensive online marketing guide that helped me cross 4-figures through affiliate marketing and it shares the exact strategy and tips in this very informative online course. If you're new to internet marketing, a blogger (even if you're a new blogger!), then you NEED this course.
Here are more blogging-related posts you should take a look at after you learn how to start a WordPress blog:
Do you have a blog? Do you use Bluehost for blogging? Share your blogging mistakes as well! Hope you enjoyed my tutorial on how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost.
Related Post You Might Like